Adapted via Food52.com • Serves 8
- 2 pounds red or yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup YUMYIN
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup frying oil (we use grapeseed)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat your oven to 475° F.
- Wash your potatoes, then cut into approximately 1-inch chunks (peeling if desired).
- Place all remaining ingredients in a food processor, blender, or cup for use with an immersion blender. Purée.
- Toss potatoes with the onion mixture until thoroughly coated. Do not skimp on the coating; you want it *almost* too-wet looking.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet (or two). Make sure the potatoes are evenly spread so they cook uniformly; use 2 pans to avoid cramming them all on one.
- Roast in the hot oven until deeply browned and smelling fragrant. Check for doneness around the 30-minute mark to ensure they don't burn.
- If you had to use two pans and put them on two racks, make sure to rotate after 20 minutes or so.
- Serve immediately with ketchup, or 33/33/33 mix of ketchup, mustard, and horseradish cream.