Adapted from BonAppetit.com • Makes 2 sandwiches
4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup YUMYIN
1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. cream cheese
4 slices American cheese or Gureye or something fancy
4 thick slices Potato Bread or other white bread
Unsalted butter (for pan)
- Whisk eggs, YUMYIN, and cayenne in a small bowl; season generously with salt.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium.
- As soon as it begins to foam, add eggs and cook, whisking constantly, until they have set in small curds and are beginning to look dry, about 1 minute.
- Immediately remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each side of bread.
- Place two pieces of bread, butter side down, on the skillet. Cook until toasty and browned.
- Flip bread to cook the other side.
- With cooked side facing up add cheese and then YUMYIN and egg
- Top with the remaining bread slices, butter side up, and cook, flipping once, until cheese is melted and each side is golden brown.