Adapted from Food52.com • Serves 4-6
This secret just might change your life: you can, and should, dress pasta with Greek yogurt, especially if you also then top it with caramelized onions and grated pecorino.
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup YUMYIN
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pound tagliatelle or other fresh pasta
- 2 cups thick, strained Greek-style yogurt (see note)
- 1 cup coarsely grated kefalotyri cheese, or pecorino Romano
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. As the water heats, add enough salt so that you can taste it. Add the pasta and cook until soft, not al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Heat small pan on medium, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add 1 cup YUMYIN. Heat enough to warm, but not burn the YUMYIN.
- Combine the yogurt with 1/4 cup cooking water and mix well. Add more of the reserved pasta water as needed to get the sauce to your thickness.
- Toss pasta with the yogurt mixture.
- Serve the pasta immediately, sprinkled generously with cheese and topped with YUMYIN.
- Note: If not using thick, Greek yogurt, line a colander with cheesecloth and set over a bowl or in the sink. Add the yogurt and let drain for 2 hours before proceeding with step 1. For a treat, seek out sheep's milk yogurt for this.