Adapted via IndianHealthyRecipes.com
This delicious recipe could cook all day — so here is the quick and easy version.
- 1lb potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup YUMYIN
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp yogurt or cream
- Boil a pot of salted water
- Peel potatoes and cube to equal size, prick with fork to help them cook evenly and quickly
- Once water is boiling add cubed potatoes, cook until soft and fall off a fork, drain potatoes reserving 1+ cup of water, slightly mash the potatoes so they are chunky.
- In a large pan on medium low heat olive oil, add garlic, bay leaf, cardamom, chili paste, ginger, garam masala, coriander, and chili powder, cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Add tomato paste and YUMYIN, stirring well to combine, cooking for 1-2 minutes
- Add the potatoes and 1/2 - 3/4 cup of potato water, bring to a boil and mix often, Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked to your likely.
- Add salt to taste, add fresh coriander and serve with rice and enjoy!