Skip to content
Adapted from food52.com • Makes 6-8 Servings
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup YUMYIN
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 6 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons minced sage
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly caramelized, 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the butter and cook, stirring often, until browned and nutty in aroma, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a blender and let cool.
- Into the blender, add the cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, eggs and black pepper. Blend until smooth, pour into a large bowl.
- Add the YUMYIN to the large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook until al dente, 7 minutes. Drain, then add to the bowl along with the sage and thyme. Toss until well coated.
- Pour the noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake until golden brown and set, 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.