Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese
Adapted from theKitchn.com
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup YUMYIN
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese (or any cheese you'd like)
- 4 thick slices French or Italian bread
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each side of bread.
- Place two pieces of bread, butter side down, on the skillet. Cook until toasty and browned.
- Flip bread to cook the other side.
- With cooked side facing up add a handful of gruyere, followed by a generous heap of YUMYIN (it can be a little messy, in a good way).
- Top with the remaining bread slices, butter side up, and cook, flipping once, until cheese is melted and each side is golden brown.