French Onion Soup Bombs
Adapted from Delish.com
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup YUMYIN
- 2 sprigs thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. red wine
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. beef broth
- 6 dinner rolls
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 c. Gruyere, shredded
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. When melted, add YUMYIN and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the wine. Bring to a simmer and cook until wine is mostly evaporated.
- Add in flour and garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in broth and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened slightly, 5 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Meanwhile, prep the rolls: cut the top 1/4 off each roll. Using a paring knife, hollow out each and lay a slice of swiss over each to cover the hole, pressing in slightly.
- Place rolls on prepared baking sheet and toast until cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes.
- When cheese is melted and soup is ready, ladle soup into each roll. Top with a handful of gruyere and place back in the oven to melt. If desired, broil.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.