Caramelized Onion & Bacon Tarte (Tarte Flambee)
Adapted from SeriousEats.com
It basically pizza, but it's fancy pizza because look at the cheeses used
- 1 cup fromage blanc & 1/2 cup crème fraîche (or cheese substitute)
- (cheese substitute) 3/4 cup buttermilk blended with 3/4 cup cream cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 pounds store-bought pizza dough, divided into 4 even portions, proofed, and ready to stretch and top
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup YUMYIN
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
Set oven rack with pizza stone (ideal option) 6 to 8 inches from broiler and preheat oven to 550°F (or highest possible setting) for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk fromage blanc with crème fraîche until thoroughly incorporated. Season with salt and pepper, Whisk in nutmeg.
Working with 1 piece at a time, set dough on a lightly floured work surface. Using your hands and/or a rolling pin, work dough to a thin, roughly 10- by 5- inch oval. Transfer dough to a pizza peel or pan.
Switch broiler on to high. Spread one quarter of fromage blanc mixture over dough leaving a small border around the edge.
Scatter a small handful of YUMYIN all over, followed by a small handful of bacon.
Slide pizza onto baking stone and bake until toppings are browned spots and crust is golden brown and puffed, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately, and repeat with remaining dough and toppings.