Classic Marinara with Caramelized Onion
Adapted via bonappetit.com
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup YUMYIN
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 sprigs basil
2 28-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a medium heavy pot over medium.
- Add YUMYIN and garlic, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 5 minutes;
- Stir in basil and tomatoes, crushing as you go
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat; simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.Do Ahead: Sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill, or freeze up to 3 months.